to contact us.
EFFECTIVE DATE: JANUARY 2023
This page informs you of ID Protection policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use any ID Protection service and the choices you have associated with that data. ID Protection uses your data to provide and improve our Service. By using this service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
ID Protection collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve its service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using ID Protection, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city
- Cookies and usage data
USE OF DATA
ID Protection uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain ID Protection services
- To notify you about changes to ID Protection services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that ID Protection can improve service
- To monitor the usage of the website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
ID Protection may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ID Protection
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the ID Protection website
- To protect the personal safety of users of ID Protection or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While ID Protection strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, they cannot guarantee its absolute security.
ID Protection may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate ID Protection (“Service Providers”), to provide Service on ID Protection’s behalf, to perform website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the website is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on ID Protection’s behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
ID Protection has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect. The GDPR aims to increase the level of security and protection of personal data in the EU and has replaced the European Privacy Directive and all national legislation.